The Office of Economic Development and Innovation commits to supporting Raleigh’s vibrant business community as it responds to the impacts of COVID-19. We are monitoring guidance from federal, state and local public health authorities and resources provided by the State and Federal Government.
If you're a local business and are interested in resources to help enforce compliance with safety guidelines:
- Wake County Assets
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (Prevent and Protect Media Kit)
- City of Raleigh Social Distancing Media Kit
The City of Raleigh continues to remain operational, but some services are still limited. Visit the City of Raleigh's COVID-19 Response page for more information.
For Questions Regarding If You Can Be Open for Business call the Department of Revenue 877-252-3052.
Phase 3 Information
Executive Order 176 begins Nov. 13 at 5 p.m. and continues for three weeks through Dec. 4. Its new provisions include:
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators.
- Smaller outdoor entertainment venues, like arenas or amphitheaters, may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Bars may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less. Indoor bars remain closed.
- Amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy, outdoor attractions only.
- The limits on mass gatherings will be reduced to 10 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- The 11 p.m. curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption in locations such as restaurants and outdoor bars will be extended to Oct. 23
State and public health officials will continue watching the key COVID-19 trends over the next several weeks to determine if any further restrictions can be eased when the current Executive Order expires December 4 at 5 p.m.
Funding for Small Businesses
Raleigh, Wake County and N.C. Humanities Council are among many groups with programs for small businesses during COVID-19.
Find Out More About:
Sign up for Alerts
Subscribe to get emails from us with the latest news. Make sure to select "Economic Development News & Events" as one of your topics to follow.
Return to the City's main COVID-19 Information page.
- (4/1/20) Insights from Raleigh Businesses and the Loan Process Use password Insights1 to access the recording.
- (4/8/20) Solutions for Business Tenants and Landlords
- (4/15/20) Financial Solutions for Wake County Child Care Providers
- (4/22/20) COVID-19 SBA Support for the Small Business Owner
- (4/30/20) NC Unemployment Benefits for Business Owners
- (5/7/20) Raleigh COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund English | En español
- (5/13/20) Mindful Re-Opening - Safety Precautions for Small Businesses
- (5/20/20) Caring for Your Team During COVID-19 Re-Opening
- (6/11/20) Parking, Curbside Pickup, and Outdoor Dining – Phase 2 Guidelines and Recommendations